Western Australian Citrus Industry
The WA Citrus industry aims to be a progressive industry which is sustainable and profitable because consumers prefer and appreciate the taste of fresh WA grown citrus fruit.
Strategies have been identified in 5 areas:
- Grow consumption of WA citrus fruit
- Identify and implement production efficiencies for profitability growth
- Invest in quality improvement and product development
- Maintain existing and develop new international markets
- Lead a responsive and innovative industry that benefits members
Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD)
DPIRD supports the success of WA’s agri-food businesses through services and partnerships that help increase industry profitability and sustainability, while safeguarding our state’s precious natural resources.
DPIRD drives the economic development of the agriculture and food sector in Western Australia (WA), with a focus on export-led growth. DPIRD also undertakes research, development and extension activities with partners around Australia and throughout the world to harness the best knowledge and technical excellence available.
Citrus Australia Ltd is the recognised peak industry body representing the nation’s commercial citrus growers.
Citrus Australia is supported by over 250 grower and affiliate members and an expanding Citrus Australia team that provide vital services to the citrus industry.